Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. – Ephesians 3:14-21
As I look around the rather empty offices and wonder about the “new priest-in-charge,” God is reminding me that the irrepressible souls at Trinity are accomplishing so much. There is a resilient spirit here at Trinity – right now! So many motivated parishioners are showing their Staying Power this summer- without any direction from a rector!
- Pat Shaw regularly cleans and de-clutters the kitchen and narthex.
- Marge Ewertz and Lisa Reagle are leading an active and thriving Outreach Committee
- Nancy Nicholson is organizing a group to attend the National Acolyte Festival in D.C.
- LuAnn Brown has planned a celebration dinner for our “Small Group” participants
- Tracy Martin and Dennis King led our J2A Youth group on a challenging pilgrimage .
- The communications team is thriving with Cathy Evans in charge of the Trinity E-Times, and Diane Serex-Dougan making regular contributions to our Facebook Page.
- Joanne Chapline has been offering summer parenting classes.
- Rich Dougan is boosting the morale of the office staff by making regular visits during his busy work day.
- Ellen Torres has assembled a first-rate Stewardship Committee
- Mary Beth Jorgensen is shepherding the production of the Sunday bulletin.
- Joyce Routson has devised a method for extending the life of our altar flowers.
- Deacon Bob Runkle is exerting much energy and enthusiasm towards building a strong Pastoral Care Committee.
- Greg Gabell has organized two evenings for volunteers to spruce up the entryway to Memorial Hall with a fresh coat of paint.
God’s Staying Power is visible at work – not just in those listed here, but in all of us as we continue “to accomplish abundantly far more than we can ask or imagine.” Alleluia!
Lay Associate for Parish Life