Trinity Small Groups on ZOOM
Small groups in December: Hymns of Advent and Christmas
Weeks of Nov 29 and Dec 6, 19, 20 & 27 – new Sunday Morning time @ 11 AM
Life is not meant to be lived alone. You were created to experience life with other people. That’s why for 5 weeks during the Advent and Christmas Seasons at Trinity, we encourage you to participate in a Small Group. Many of us could use more music and support during these especially challenging times.
A Small Group is three or more people who gather for 60 minutes each week in a Zoom Meeting. As part of a group, you’ll hang out safely, listen to and learn about some seasonal hymns, talk and pray together. Trinity has 4 groups of welcoming folks you can meet with. OR You can suggest a day and time that works better for you and we’ll try to bring together a new group. Try it for a time or two; you don’t have to attend all the sessions.
Currently, two Small Groups meet on Sundays at 11 a.m. (One group focuses on a parent’s perspective), one on Tuesday mornings at 10 and one on Thursday Evenings at 7.
Each week our groups will
- Look at the text of two seasonal hymns: one from the Episcopal Hymnal 1982 and one from the African American tradition.
- Hear a performance of the hymns – some presented by Trinity musicians.
- Hear a brief, previously taped presentation about “the backstory”of each hymn.
- Talk in your small group about what the hymns mean to you.
Join a Small Group
Meeting Days and Times:
Sunday Mornings 11:00-12:00 2 Groups
- Group A Facilitator Role to be shared by willing group members
- Group B – Facilitator Joanne Chapline (parents’ perspectives)
Tuesday Mornings 10-11 a.m.
- Facilitator: Kathleen Capcara
Thursday Evenings 7- 8 p.m.
- Facilitators: Role to be shared by willing group members